20.12.08

Christmas Edition



Just a few days left and it’s Christmas again.
How are you going to spend the day? How are you going to celebrate?
We all seem to have different ideas of how Christmas should be celebrated, when to open presents, what to eat etc. Still, no matter what we do or how, we seem to be convinced that that’s going to be a special day, different from any other.
Wish we would all enjoy the day but unfortunately, it’s not so, not for all of us. A friend of mine recently told me about her memories of the day, not very happy. Another mentioned a relative who’s going to be in hospital and in the papers last week there was the story of a family: mum, dad, 2 small children. Parents were driving to the airport – she’s brazilian, her parents and sisters were coming over. There was ice on the street, they lost control of the car. He died. She’s in hospital and docs are not yet sure she’s going to make it.

Please, do not get me wrong, I love Christmas. It’s just that at times we all forget how lucky we are.
I am lucky.
We’re all okay, we’re going to celebrate Christmas together.
I’m lucky.
I am going to cook and eat whatever I feel like.
I’m lucky.
We’re probably going over to my uncle’s after lunch and will play cards or the likes. Leo is going to be there too.
I am lucky. And once a year I just want to say it, aloud; once a year I want to forget about presents, objects, and just remember what’s in my life, what's far away more important and valuable than any object money can buy.
And yes, there are going to be presents – still have to buy some though! – but I love Christmas because it bring the family together and for one day a year there’s nothing but people I love in the same room having a great time.

So what makes you lucky?

I hope that, under the tree,


We are all going to find Something Special, I hope Santa


And his Gnomes


Are going to give us the only present no money can buy: joy;-)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

4 comments:

naida said...

Merry Christmas! Great post. Those gnomes are so cute.
I am very lucky to have my wonderful family and good health :)

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Kailana said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Also, you have an award waiting for you at my blog. :)

Marg said...

This is a timely reminder to all of us! Thanks for your post.

Krissi said...

Your right it is a time to be thankful and realize just how lucky we are. Great post. Merry Christmas.